Many international employees are enthusiastic about the Dutch cycling culture but encounter challenges with becoming part of it. With this special promotion we help international organisations stimulating cycling to work and letting their employees be part of the Dutch cycling culture.
Why promote cycling to work?
There are many reasons to stimulate cycling to work and to give your employees the opportunity to become part of the Dutch cycling culture:
- Cycling to work reduces the climate impact of your company
- Cycling to work creates happier and healthier employees
- Cycling to work saves parking space
- Cycling to work is an alternative for public transport in COVID-19-times
How promote cycling to work
There are 4 steps you should take to stimulate cycling to work:
- Do some research and analyse how many people live within a range of 7,5, 15 and 22,5 kilometres from work. These people are your potential cyclists and e-bikers. Do a little enquiry and ask what withholds people from cycling to work. We can do that for you.
- Check your rules, regulations and allowances regarding cycling to work. Think about travel allowances for cyclists or other financial benefits for cyclists. We can do that for you.
- Check your facilities. Do you have a decent bicycle parking space? With charging facilities for e-bikes? Dressing rooms for people who like to change clothes? We can do that for you.
- Communicate! Tell your employees why cycling to work is important. Lead by example: higher management can also bike to work. Organise a cycling workshop focussing on practical tips or organise an e-bikeexperience. We can do that for you.
Bereikbaar Haaglanden en Rijnland can help
Bereikbaar Haaglanden en Rijnland is a public-private, non-profit organisation funded by the national and regional government. Our goal is to make sure the region stays accessible to all in a sustainable way. We do this by involving employers, helping them with our mobility scan, advise and organising pilots and campaigns. If you become part of our network, we can help you with the four steps mentioned above. Just sent an email to our cycling promotor Roel Lenoir. He is looking forward to discuss the details with you in an online or face-to-face meeting.